Dean M. Knoblach, BC-HIS
Hearing Aid Specialist/ Owner
Dean is quite passionate about hearing care and has specialized in the field for well over 25 years. He founded Knoblach Hearing Care in 1998, and has dedicated the rest of his career to caring for the hearing impaired out of his single office in Largo Florida.
Memberships include: International Hearing Society, American Hearing Aid Association, Florida Society of Hearing Healthcare Professionals, and the Starkey Hearing Alliance.
- 1988 Hearing Aid Specialist / MN Hearing Aid Centers
- 1989 Awarded MN HAC 1989 Professional of the Year award
- 1990 Training Director / Lakeview Hearing Centers
- Developed new training material and began providing hands-on instruction for new staff
- 1990 Authored “Strategies for Top Performers”
- Created and published an audio and video training program for hearing care professionals
- 1992 Graduate / Board Certified /
- National Institute for Hearing Instruments Studies
- 1993 Private consultant / 3M Hearing Healthcare Division & HEARx
- Sent to various HEARx offices to troubleshoot fitting challenges.
- 1993- 1995 Training Director / Instructor
- Conducted custom training seminars for Beltone, Miracle Ear, Hearing Centers of America, HEARx, 3M, Starkey Labs, and several smaller multi-office practices.
- 1995 National Training Director / HEARx
- Created and implemented universal testing and dispensing protocols for all corporate offices nationwide. Responsible for hands-on training of 92 hearing aid Specialists and Audiologists. Wrote and recorded several audio and video training programs designed to increase patient care and customer satisfaction.
- 1996-1998 Regional Training Director / Beltone
- Awarded Beltone's Senior Master Specialist Title
- Recognized as one of Beltone’s top 20 professionals nationwide.
- 1998 Founded Knoblach Hearing Care / Largo FL
- 2001 Received Rexton's Patient Care and Customer Satisfaction Award
- 2003 Received Rexton's Patient Care and Customer Satisfaction Award
- 2007 Installed custom virtual sound environments into all testing rooms,
- Received Rexton's Patient Care and Customer Satisfaction Award.
- 2008 Awarded Starkey’s Summit Award as leader in the Hearing Healthcare Industry
- 2011 Received Starkey Labs Hearing Alliance Innovation Summit Silver Award for
- Beta Testing contributions throughout the year.
Alan Langworthy, AuD
Doctor of Audiology
“Helping people overcome the challenges of hearing loss is what I find most rewarding about being an audiologist. Hearing instruments allow people to regain and maintain their lives. Verbal communication is how we interact with others. When you lose your hearing, you lose touch with those around you. From the first-time grandparent to the young person with their entire life ahead of them, hearing instruments make positive differences in how we live our lives at any age. Perhaps Voltaire said it best: “The ear is the road to the heart.”
- 1968-71 Us Army
- 1972-74 Graduate Stipend Traineeship, Tampa, Veterans Hospital, Tampa FL
- 1974-75 Clinical Fellowship Year, Tampa Veterans Hospital, Tampa FL
- 1975-79 Audiologist, James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa FL
- 1979-81 Southeast Field Sales Representative, Bosch Hearing Instrument
- 1981-98 Owner/ Director, Hearing Care, Inc., St. Petersburg FL
- 1998-04 Director of Audiology, Vanco Hearing Centers
- 2004-08 Audiologist, Ear, Nose and Throat Associates, Largo FL
- 2008-11 Director of Audiology at the Hearing Improvement Center
Fellow: Florida Academy of Audiology, Academy of Dispensing Audiologists
AuD: A.T. Stills University, Arizona School of Health Sciences, Mesa, AZ
MS: (high honors) Audiology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Member: American Academy of Audiology, Florida Academy of Audiology
Charter Member: Florida Academy of Audiologists
Matt was going to school at the University of Minnesota completing the initial classes needed for his Doctorate in Audiology, when the opportunity to intern with Knoblach Hearing Care came up. One week later, Matt accepted the position, and moved to Florida. One winter later, Matt said he’ll never move back.
We are all very fortunate to have such an energetic and ambitious student on our staff.